Accident Attorney for Slip and Fall Cases
If you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Every property owner has a legal responsibility to maintain safe and secure property conditions at all times. Unfortunately, many property owners do not employ reasonable care in maintaining their properties. For example, sometimes a property owner is aware of a dangerous condition on the property, but fails to take any action to repair the condition. Or, the property owner should have been aware of and should have taken the necessary action to repair the dangerous condition, but failed to take any action.
When a property owner fails to employ reasonable care in maintaining a property, visitors, guests or patrons can be exposed to dangerous conditions. These dangerous conditions can cause serious accidents and significant injuries. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical costs and expenses, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, psychological distress, lost wages, financial hardship and other expenses suffered in a slip and fall accident. To learn more about legal liability for slip and fall accidents, an experienced Miami slip and fall accident attorney can help you understand your rights.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents occur every day throughout the country. From relatively simple accidents (such as slipping on a wet spot) to more complicated accidents (such as worksite accidents), slip and fall accidents can happen for numerous reasons. Some of the more common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Wet floors caused by foreign liquid substance;
- Floors that have recently been mopped or waxed;
- Torn, ripped, or uneven carpeting;
- Broken, loose, or uneven wooden floors;
- Improperly constructed staircases, including broken staircases or handrails;
- Cluttered areas and floors, such as loose cords; and
- Potholes in parking lots and on sidewalks.
What Should You Do If You Are in Slip and Fall Accident?
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important that you act quickly to protect your rights. You should:
- Identify any witnesses and take down their contact information;
- Take pictures of the scene as soon as possible after the accident;
- Seek immediate medical attention;
- Take pictures of and document any injuries; and
- Contact a personal injury attorney.
Contact a Miami Slip and Fall Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, an experienced Miami slip and fall attorney can help you protect your rights. Attorney Brett Borrow has extensive experience helping slip and fall victims recover compensation for their injuries and damages. From handling insurance claims to litigating claims in the courts, our experienced personal injury attorneys will be there with you throughout the entire process. Brett Borrow will fight for your rights to make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve.