Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall accidents occur in a variety of premises which include apartment complexes, retail stores, malls, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, stadiums and marinas. Many times, fall accidents result in a person sustaining very serious and debilitating injuries. If you or someone you know is unfortunate enough to experience a slip and fall accident resulting in injuries it is imperative that you immediately contact a personal injury lawyer who specializes in slip and fall cases. The Borrow Law Firm has premises liability law offices with slip and fall attorneys trained and ready to help you handle such a case.
If you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Every property owner has a legal responsibility to maintain safe and secure property conditions at all times. Unfortunately, many property owners do not employ reasonable care in maintaining their properties. For example, sometimes a property owner is aware of a dangerous condition on the property, but fails to take any action to repair the condition. Or, the property owner should have been aware of and should have taken the necessary action to repair the dangerous condition, but failed to take any action.
Slip and fall accidents occur every day throughout the country. From relatively simple accidents (such as slipping on a wet spot) to more complicated accidents (such as worksite accidents), slip and fall accidents can happen for numerous reasons. Some of the more common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Wet floors caused by foreign liquid substance;
- Floors that have recently been mopped or waxed;
- Torn, ripped, or uneven carpeting;
- Broken, loose, or uneven wooden floors;
- Improperly constructed staircases, including broken staircases or handrails;
- Cluttered areas and floors, such as loose cords; and
- Potholes in parking lots and on sidewalks.
What Should You Do If You Are in Slip and Fall Accident?
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important that you act quickly and speak with a premises liability attorney immediately to protect your rights. You should:
- Identify any witnesses and take down their contact information;
- Take pictures of the scene as soon as possible after the accident;
- Seek immediate medical attention;
- Take pictures of and document any injuries; and
- Contact a slip and fall attorney to assist you in obtaining a slip and fall case settlement.
We have experienced Attorneys from Miami dedicated to representing victims of:
Cruise Ship Injury